The selection process applies to Apprentices, Trainees and School Based Apprentices/Trainees. The steps below will help you understand VACC's selection process:
- Prospective applicants are to complete an application form online, attach a cover letter and resume, then submit to VACC Auto Apprenticeships.
- Upon receipt application will be assessed by VACC Auto Apprenticeships recruitment personnel.
- Applicants who meet the VACC criteria will be invited to attend an interview and will be required to bring a copy of their most recent school report.
- Applicants with a successful interview outcome will complete a pre-selection assessment test immediately following the interview or online. A link to the test will be emailed post interview if required to complete online. This is a basic aptitude test which assesses an applicant's:
- understanding of safety instructions
- numerical calculation
- spatial recognition
- mechanical comprehension
- forward planning
- safety control
- stress tolerance
- attention to detail
- Successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical examination by a VACC preferred medical practitioner.
- All new apprentices undertake a 1-2 day induction program before commencing work.